The Nightingale Estate Regeneration forms part of a borough-wide programme being undertaken by Hackney Council, transforming existing estates by delivering high-quality new homes, streets and public spaces.
The Nightingale Estates Regeneration proposals include the delivery of 400 new homes across a range of tenures, a new community centre, two retail units, a café, landscape improvements including new play spaces and estate wide public realm enhancements.
PBA has been an integral part of the design team developing these proposals from the project inception, through to planning and on to construction. PBA’s multidiscipline approach has seen a wide array of our technical teams involved in the delivery of the project. Our approach has been co-ordinated with three architecture firms to understand and achieve Hackney Council’s aspirations for the site. These include:
• To provide well-designed high quality homes and community facilities
• To provide high-quality public realm across the development and wider and the wiser estate
• That the new homes are integrated into the existing community
• That the new development takes into account the need of people living and working in the area
• That the design is sustainable and helps Nightingale to become a low carbon community
• That at all stages the process ensures a viable, deliverable scheme
Through our experience and innovation PBA has informed the design at all stages of the project to deliver these key objectives for the client and help the ongoing regeneration within the borough of Hackney.